POSITION: Paramedic, Part-Time
LOCATION: Stockton, CA (San Joaquin County)
POSITION SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
*Please upload color photos of the following to your Candidate Profile (within the Dashboard) for review. The title of the photo should reflect the type of document being submitted.
- CA State & County Paramedic Cards
- CA Driver's License
- CA Ambulance Driver's License
- American Heart Association BLS & ACLS Cards
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Some advanced education preferred.
- ICS-100 ("Incident Command System" FEMA training); ICS-200 ("Incident Command System" FEMA training); ICS-700 ("Incident Command System" FEMA training) preferred.
- Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.