Before being interviewed applicants must have completed the Thurston County Protocol Test. If you have not yet taken the test please contact the Thurston County Medic One office at 360-704-2786 to get information on taking the exam.
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by County to which assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge
- Radio communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of medical supplies and equipment contained in the vehicle
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Valid Washington State Drivers License
- Acceptable driving record