Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Job Location: San Benito County (Hollister)
**Currently we only have part-time positions available**
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state, and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
No application will be considered complete without the following attachments:
- California Drivers License
- EMT Certifications
- CPR Card ( Check local EMS website for approved providers)
- Ambulance Drivers License
- Medical Examiners Card
- Proof of vaccines to include: TDaP, TB testing, MMR, Hepatitis B, and Varicella (Chicken Pox) and Influenza. Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccines in progress will be accepted.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made).
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by State or County to which assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol
- Utilize medical equipment to assess patient and carry out basic life support functions
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls
- Assist paramedic or nurse with the preparation of advanced life support equipment
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements