About ABC Ambulance:
If you are looking for a great place to learn, grow, be appreciated, and wear polo shirts look no further!
We offer flexible schedules, new vehicles, good coffee, and a friendly dispatch center that we would love you to be a part of (wink-wink). If you are into being a do-gooder we have community service opportunities and recycling too at ABC Ambulance!
Come check us out, learn how you can be part of a really cool team that makes a difference out in the community every day.
The dispatcher's primary responsibilities include but are not limited to; assigning runs using dispatch software to the appropriate field crew and clearly communicating details necessary to effectively respond to the call. In addition, they answer incoming calls from clients and field staff as well as making phone calls to update or inform customers and/or field staff.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities/Qualities for a Dispatcher:
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills with both internal & external customers
· Maintain a calm and professional demeanor
· Promptly answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming requests for service
· Communicating effectively with all callers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrate familiarity with Company service areas and medical facilities
· Possess exceptional knowledge of service area geography, roadways and traffic patterns
· Demonstrate compliance with all Company and customer policies and procedures
· Must be able to work independently as well as within a team
· Demonstrate the ability to professionally “control” difficult interactions
· Operate a computer and demonstrate proficiency with common computer programs
· Operate multi-line phone system as well as radio communication equipment
· The ability to remain extremely focused in a sometimes turbulent/chaotic environment
· Maintain status of equipment, vehicles, and access cards
· Assist with providing information for investigations of incidents as required
· Perform other duties as assigned by management
· Positive and upbeat personality
· Critical thinker
· Able to implement feedback
· Someone who identifies potential issues and suggests solutions
· High school diploma
· Knowledge of the Phoenix Valley
· Exceptional customer service skills
· The ability to multitask
· The ability to type minimum of 35 wpm
· Give accurate and prompt E.T. A.’s for all emergencies and pre-scheduled requests
· Have a general understanding of medical necessity
· Polite and professional phone etiquette
· Ability to utilize time/resources well
· Reliability, teamwork, and openness to feedback a must
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office
· Ability to sit for an extended period of time
· Previous work experience as an EMT, EMS dispatcher, or other medical field
· Two years minimum of customer service experience
· One year of multi-line telephone experience
**All Dispatcher’s must pass drug testing provided by third party vendor prior to hire and background screening.**
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00/hour DOE
Are you a good fit?
· Are you a nice person?
· Have years of EMT, EMD, or other medical field experience?
· Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
· Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including ABC Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled