EMT (Full Time/Part Time)
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Internal Applicants please apply through the Home Portal.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- CA Drivers’ License
- Ambulance Driver’s License (from DMV)
- Medical Examiner’s Card or DL51 (from DMV)
- State of California EMT License
- CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Hand written cards are not acceptable)
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment is made)
- ICS courses, please refer to link http://training.fema.gov/IS/NIMS.asp.
· IS-100B (ICS 100)
· IS-200B (ICS 200)
· IS-700A (NIMS)
· IS-800B (NIMS)