POSITION: Operations Supervisor, Full-Time (Exempt)
LOCATION: Redding, CA (Shasta County)
BECOME A FIELD OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR WITH AMR REDDING!
AMR is looking for a driven and compassionate Operations Supervisor to join our team in Redding, CA! The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and executing crucial aspects of our day-to-day operation; including staffing, scheduling, internal communications, budgetary considerations, equipment and supply maintenance, outside agency interface, and community relations.
LOCATED IN THE HEART OF BEAUTIFUL SHASTA COUNTY
With its breathtaking natural scenery and picturesque river flowing through the city, Redding is known as one of the top locations for recreational activity in Northern California. It has been called the “Unofficial Capital of Kayaking,” a “Gem of the U.S. Trails System,” and one of the “Top 10 Fishing Towns in North America.” The sun shines over 300 days a year here, making it the 2nd sunniest city in the United States. And with hundreds of miles of trails, national parks, and forests nearby, there are boundless opportunities for sightseeing and exploration!
WHAT SETS US APART?
American Medical Response is part of the Global Medical Response family. With more than 38,000 employees nationwide, we deliver compassionate, quality medical care primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. We provide full benefits packages, advancement opportunities, and more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations (if applicable), and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team-oriented approach with positive results.
- Become a coach, teacher or evaluator on multi-casualty incidents with the goal of reviewing each call for continuous improvement and compliance with existing policies.
- Assist in driving performance management.
- Remain accessible by pager or phone during off duty time.
- Evaluate, discipline and recommend BLS and ALS field personnel for promotions.
- Ensure that all field personnel maintain all county or local agency required certifications and/or accreditation.
- Perform all duties of an EMT/Paramedic with high level of proficiency.
- Cover open shifts with appropriate employee assignments or by filling in as needed.
- Investigate incidents involving assigned units and communicate with the Division Supervisor on status of assigned units and other problems.
- Assess daily staffing and equipment needs; assign replacements, and schedule service as necessary.
- Participate in interviewing and selection process as needed.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Investigate incidents involving assigned units and communicate with the Division Supervisor on status of assigned units and other needs or problems.
- Facilitate unit development and staffing in emergency situations and respond to the scene of mass casualty or unusual medical incidents as needed.
- Assure that all necessary payroll reports are properly completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Submit reports on all incidents, accidents, work related injuries and exposures.
- Inspect all assigned stations, vehicles and equipment for cleanliness and Division maintenance.
- Attend external and internal meetings as may be necessary/required.
- Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity goals.
- Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
- Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures.
- Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
- Report information systems security problems
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Paramedic.
- Valid CA Paramedic & BCLS Provider Certifications.
- Valid CA Driver’s License, Ambulance Driver's License, and Medical Examiners Certificate.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
- Effective administrative skills (paperwork, time management, etc.) and written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED.
- Some advanced education preferred.