Job Title: Paramedic Basic
Location: Dallas/Farmers Branch, TX
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- Some advanced education preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Current state Paramedic License.
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License.
- BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract or state law). or PEPP Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.