Job Title: Paramedic Basic
Location: Arlington, TX
Company: American Medical Response
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner. Oversee task performance of EMT partner and make or approve all decisions requiring interpretation of clinical delivery and company policies. The Paramedic Lead Technician has primary responsibility for the operation for the unit to which assigned.
This position does come with a $2500 Sign On Bonus to eligible external applicants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations of the unit assigned to. The lead paramedic makes and/or approves all medical decisions of the unit.
- Responsible for maintaining optimal readiness of their unit always including ensuring that the necessary equipment/supplies are on board and in good working condition.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
- Current Texas State Paramedic License.
- Possess a valid Texas State Driver’s License.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
- Minimum of 1 year verifiable 911 experience required.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.