Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of an EMT.
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
- Keep current on certifications.
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Colorado EMT Certification Required
- Must possess ITLS within 3 months of hire
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 2 shifts per month
Frequently: See Physical Agility Test, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram).
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing.
Occasionally: Reading (simple and complex), writing (complex), memorization, analyzing, math skills (simple).
Frequently: Writing (simple), judgement, reasoning.
Constantly: Decision making,
Occasionally: Hazards, fatigue, patient care
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, boredom, intense tasks, extended hours.