Location: San Leandro, CA (Sutter IFT Division)
Status: Full-Time OR Part-Time; Non-Exempt
***CURRENT AMR EMPLOYEES MUST APPLY THROUGH THE EVHC CAREER PORTAL***
Login to https://portal.emsc.net/home/default.aspx and select “AMR Employee Career Portal” on the right-hand side. Click on “View Current Job Opportunities” and search by location. Select this job title and follow the prompts to submit your application.
This is an EMT Inter-Facility Transport (IFT) position. The successful applicant is an active part of a team which responds to requests for service and participates in delivering high quality patient care and customer service. This EMT is highly motivated and compassionate, providing the best care possible while ensuring the highest degree of safety of each and every one of our patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicles.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts. Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs and address numbers.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment as applicable to system or operations which assigned
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to appropriate Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory trainings/in-services.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service with patients and allied healthcare/public safety personnel.
- Adheres to medical treatment protocols.
- Appropriately operates communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- CA State EMT Card
- AHA BLS Card
- CA Driver’s License
- CA Ambulance Driver’s License
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- DMV H6 Driving Record (must be in compliance with AMR safety and driving record; online printouts not accepted)
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Vaccination Records
- Previous work experience in the healthcare and/or customer service fields desired.