Job Title: Critical Care Transport Nurse
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose of this position is to compassionately deliver high quality service and basic and advance, as well as critical patient care in a professional, caring and cost effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a CCT Nurse:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures (within one’s scope of practice) including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen, pulse oximeter, capnography, ventilators, suction devices, intravenous fluids, infusion pumps, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide Advance Cardiac Life Support and care of the critically ill and/or injured patient.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients and equipment as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with sending and receiving facilities to receive advance report and critical information, and to assure continuity of care.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
- Act as team leader and take responsibility for patient care management as needed.
- Keep current on licensure and certifications
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
- Communicate with the CCT dispatcher to receive and understand call information.
- Treat all co-workers with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Coach and educate partners on new and changing information as necessary.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR’s image and establish strong community relations.
- Occasionally: Smelling
- Frequently: Kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, and multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram)
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing