Job Location: Redding, CA (Shasta County)
Job Status: Part-Time OR Full-Time (Based on Current Business Needs)
***CURRENT AMR EMPLOYEES MUST APPLY THROUGH THE EVHC CAREER PORTAL***
Login to https://portal.emsc.net/home/default.aspx and select “AMR Employee Career Portal” on the right-hand side. Click on “View Current Job Opportunities” and search by location. Select this job title and follow the prompts to submit your application.
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (no application will be considered complete without the following attachments):
DMV H6 Driving Record (must be obtained within 3 weeks of application date; online printouts not accepted)
California Driver’s License
BLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS Cards (check local EMS website for approved providers)
Ambulance Driver’s License
Medical Examiner’s Certificate
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
Some advanced education preferred.
Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.