ComTrans, Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
The Routine Driver contributes to the profitable growth of ComTrans by ensuring a high level of customer service, client safety, responsiveness, and timeliness.
This position provides transportation service for clients of behavioral health services and centers, routine medical appointments from their home, hospital, facility or other location and safely transport to the destination. The driver is responsible for maintaining accurate and complete transport documentation. Hours of work may vary and are dependent upon organizational needs. This position requires the use of the employee’s personal vehicle and such vehicle must meet vehicle requirements as listed as well as pass initial and on-going safety inspections.
ComTrans is a safety sensitive company.
Job description(s) are subject to change based on business necessity
- Part time and Full Time $20 hour while driving & $11.50 hour for training/ non exepmt
- Condition of employment is subject to personal vehicle passing initial and continued inspections.
- Peak Volume Drivers
- No weekends
- Rate $20.00 per hour
- Dedicated to ComTrans for their shift--may request early release or late start but time/pay will be adjusted and it must be approved
- Wear company provided shirt
- Employee Badge
- Use of Company phone (for provider application)
- Clean, well maintained vehicle -- must be approved prior to hire
- Non Driving Pay (training, inspections, meetings, etc.) $10.50
- Ambulatory adults only (would need to shift our adult drivers over to kids programs during those hours)
- Monthly inspections of vehicle with fleet manager by Facetime or quick meet at office.
- Vehicle will need to be approved as a condition of hire.
- Complete fingerprint app
- Shifts will start and end from base unless you have the ability to fax/scan paperwork then you can start from your first call and end at your last call.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent preferred but not required.
Age: All ComTrans driving positions are required to be at least 21 years old as required by insurance. Exceptions may be made for non-driving positions on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon the position and its responsibilities.
Personal Vehicle Requirements
- Four door sedan or mini-van type vehicle.
- Climate control in excellent working order.
- Clean, free from dents or broken/chipped glass
- Proof of Arizona required vehicle insurance
- Allow ComTrans identified mechanic shop to conduct in person inspection by a certified mechanic of personal vehicle every three months
- Allow monthly inspections by ComTrans Fleet Manager either by Facetime/Skype or other similar program or by bringing approved vehicle to ComTrans office once each month.
- Allow ComTrans signage to be placed on vehicle (magnetized type and easily removed each day)
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Be well organized and efficient.
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Be a strong team player.
- Have excellent driving skills
- Understand customer service internally and externally.
- Use sound judgment in making decisions and solving problems.
- Utilize time management skills - prioritizing and planning.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Be able to de-escalate situations effectively.
- Utilize proper communication skills.
- Have the ability to perform services in a professional and businesslike manner and to the highest standard of professional conduct.
- Ability to stand, climb stairs/steps, escort clients to and from destination, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arms.
- Able to grasp objects such as steering wheel, car seats, etc
- Sit in a driving or sitting position for long periods of time.
- Able to get in and out of vehicles multiple times during shift
- Assist clients in and out of the vehicles multiple times each day.
- Able to bend, kneel and secure car seats when needed.
- Ability to lift or move at least 40 pounds
- Ability to carry, lift and install child seats into vehicles and secure children into child seats.
- Able to perform vehicle pre and post trip inspections for each shift
- Able to work in a variety of environments; inside and outside, able to tolerate a variety of climate changes and conditions,
This position reports directly to the Program Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to, the following:
- High level of customer service.
- Timeliness, accuracy & completion of all paperwork.
- Documentation abilities.
- Activities are consistent with company policy.
- Level of professionalism with internal and external customers.
- Customer Service.
- Attendance and Reliability