Job Title: Driver - Wheelchair
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Wheel Chair Driver.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Driving record in compliance with AMR's standard policies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Current and valid State of Colorado EMT certification