NO PHONE CALLS will BE ACCEPTED--applicants of interest will be notified via e-mail.
Job Title: Dispatcher
Location: AMR Springfield, Mass.
Reports To: Operations Manager or designee
Posting End Date: 15-Dec-2018
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: **Must be available to work shifts on Days, Evenings, Nights, and/or weekends. The Dispatcher functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. The Dispatcher will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated. Dispatchers MUST have familiarity with the local area including Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire & Rhode Island.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care.
- Must be EMD Certified or be able to pass company paid EMD training within 6 mos. of hire.
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols.
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned
- Must be able to type a minimum of 32 WPM.
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
- Familiarity with Greater Springfield, Mass. area, preferred.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description