Job Location: Concord (Contra Costa County)
Job Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
***CURRENT AMR EMPLOYEES MUST APPLY INTERNALLY THROUGH THE EMPLOYEE CAREER PORTAL***
Login at https://portal.emsc.net/home/default.aspx and select “AMR Employee Career Portal” on the right-hand side. Click on “View Current Job Opportunities” and search by location. Select this job title and follow the prompts to submit your application.
Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
Required Documents (no applicant will be considered without the following):
- DMV H6 Driving Record (must be obtained directly from the DMV within 3 weeks of application date; online printouts not accepted)
- CA Driver's License
- EMT Certifications
- Ambulance Driver's License
- BLS Card (American Heart Association)
- Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Proof of vaccines, to include: TDaP, TB testing, MMR, Hepatitis B, and Varicella (Chicken Pox) and Influenza. Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccines in progress will be accepted.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Minimum of 18 years of age.
Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.