Job Title: Emergency Vehicle Component Installation Technician 3
Reports To: Emergency Vehicle Component Installation Lead
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Utilize advanced mechanical knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing. Install and diagnose various vehicle interior/exterior components including 12V and 110V wiring, modems, 2 way radios, vehicle electronics, electrical harnesses, cables, switch panels, circuit boards lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components. Lead and educate component installers and others as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and diagnose various vehicle interior/exterior components including 12V and 110V wiring, modems, 2 way radios, vehicle electronics, electrical harnesses, cables, switch panels, circuit boards lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components.
- Assemble harnesses, cables, switch panels, consoles, circuit boards, and a variety of different electrical components.
- Install modems, radios and other electronic components.
- Trace and identify wiring and diagnose as needed.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams, instructions and manuals.
- Ensure parts and components and electrical components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training installers at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ensure that hazardous material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Vocational School a plus.
- ASE, EVT, AWS and or I-CAR certifications a plus.
- Valid Class C drives license and inability driver larger emergency vehicles.
- Five plus years’ experience in aircraft, automotive, emergency vehicle or other transportation based manufacturing or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
- Experience with fleet maintenance software (RTA).
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess advanced mechanical ability.
- Proficient with use of PC based computer including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Advanced electrical knowledge with ability to diagnose 12V and 110V electrical systems.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.