Job Location: Napa
Job Status: Part-Time
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus
***CURRENT AMR EMPLOYEES MUST APPLY THROUGH THE EVHC CAREER PORTAL***
Login to https://portal.emsc.net/home/default.aspx and select “AMR Employee Career Portal” on the right-hand side. Click on “View Current Job Opportunities” and search by location. Select this job title and follow the prompts to submit your application.
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
Required Certifications & Documents:
- State & County Paramedic Cards
CA Driver’s License
Ambulance Driver’s License
BLS, ACLS, PALS, and PHTLS Cards/Certifications
Medical Examiner’s Certificate
DMV H6 Driving Record (obtained within 3 weeks of your application date) – must be directly from the DMV; online printouts not accepted
Proof of Vaccinations (to include TDaP, TB, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella / Chicken Pox, and Influenza) – titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination; proof of vaccines in progress are accepted
- ICS 100, ICS 200, NIMS 700 (optional, but preferred)
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Must be at least 18 years of age
Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability
Some advanced education preferred
Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions