Vehicle Service Technician (Part Time)
Palm Springs, CA
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Please note: This is not a Mechanic position.
Internal applicants please apply through the Home Portal > AMR Employee Career Portal.
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is responsible for ensuring that all ambulances are "response ready" for the field crews coming in for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and increasing the quality and delivery of our services to the crews and our patients. The delivered product is a clean vehicle inside and outside with well stocked shelves and functioning equipment. It is important that the product produced is maintained to the highest standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vehicle inventory check.
- Clean ambulances inside and outside.
- Restock ambulance supplies daily.
- Ensure deep cycling of monitor batteries every three months
- Mechanical check vehicles/okay brakes, fluid, window washer fluid.
- Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
- Requisition supplies for replacement.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Minimum of 18 years of age. California Driver’s License and driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
At least six months of prior work experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. EMT or related medical background experience preferred. Bilingual (Spanish) and knowledge of ambulances interior/exterior preferred
EOE including Veterans and Disabled