Job Title: Emergency Call Take Professional
Location: Texas Regional Communications Center Dallas/Farmers Branch
Reports To: Director Communications / Communications Supervisor
Company: American Medical Response
It is the responsibility of the Emergency Call Take Professional to answer incoming Emergency and Non-Emergency calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) triage procedures, assigning those calls to the appropriate dispatcher while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor. These calls must be held with the highest regard and the Emergency Call Take Professional must speak in a clear and concise manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming emergent “9-1-1” and non-emergent Fire and EMS calls for service while collecting important information from the caller, determining the caller’s needs and entering the required information into the Computer Aided Dispatch System, and notify other service agencies for action as required.
- Obtain IAED EMD certification and CPR within first 6 months of employment (Provided by AMR) or provide IAED EMD certification and approved CPR upon employment and maintains certification over the course of employment.
- Understands, implements and demonstrates compliance of EMD certification training per IAED guidelines (and as customized by AMR) on all applicable calls as a standard of care.
- Speak in an effective and efficient manner while maintaining a professional appearance and courteous demeanor with all internal or external customers to ensure a professional working environment.
- Assist dispatchers as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure mutual organizational goals are pursued and achieved.
- Support, maintain and uphold established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement and safety standards.
- Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through internal certification opportunities.
- Maintain all department required certifications/licensures, working knowledge of applicable center equipment and applications, attend department meetings, training sessions and participate in quality improvement activities as they relate to all established standards.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Must type 32 wpm and pass CritiCall Exam with a minimum score of 80%.
- Other duties as defined by formal job description.
- Availability to work Nights, Weekends and Holidays
- Prior Emergency Call Center Experience
- Prior Emergency Dispatching Experience
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic