POSITION TITLE: Paramedic Field Supervisor
LOCATION: New Haven, CT
Summary: The Field Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations including facilitation of internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, monitor, communicate with and evaluate all field employees in his/her assigned area.
- Liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users.
- Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
- Prepare employee evaluations and field crew contact reports.
- Ensure PCR’s and other field paperwork is 100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to closure with appropriate action.
- Provide staff counseling and guidance and information regarding AMR operations.
- Promptly investigates incidents involving assigned units or personnel, including, filing of internal and external reports, and counseling staff.
- Ensure maintenance of adequate levels of staffing, equipment and medical supplies for field units.
- Implement and enforce company policies and standards.
- Perform direct ALS patient care activities.
- Maintain communication with other agencies and departments.
- Serve on committees with other departments to set policies and generate ideas.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Prepare reports and manages projects as assigned.
- Maintain availability during disaster situations or mass casualty incidents and assist in any capacity needed.
- Attend scheduled meetings as required.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.)