Job Title: Dispatcher (I or Associate)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The Dispatcher functions primarily as a call taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources. The Dispatcher will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in the” Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch” (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least six months of prior work experience with phone and customer service duties
- Must type at 35 wpm
- Knowledge of city/county geography
- Color vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills