The School Attendant contributes to the profitable growth of ComTrans by ensuring the highest possible safety and Customer Service standards are followed while transporting authorized clients in the assigned ComTrans vehicle.
This position provides assistance in transportation services for special needs students being transported to and from school. ComTrans is a safety sensitive company
Job description(s) are subject to change based on business necessity
The responsibilities of this position consist of, however are not limited to, the following:
* Sitting in the back of the vehicle and interacting with the students as needed.
* Be fully alert at all times. Carefully watch children so they cannot hurt themselves.
* Be knowledgeable and follow the rules of child restraints.
* Be able to secure special needs children with required restraints.
* Preventing and fending off severe behaviors such as hitting, kicking, biting, and fighting and protect driver from the student.
* Attend training on children with special needs.
* Communicate with School Coordinator and/or Dispatch.
* Assist in providing driving directions to driver.
* Assisting in creation of paperwork, maintaining accuracy and completeness.
* Care of ComTrans’ property, including radio, map books, car seats, vehicles, etc.
* Build a good working relationship with the driver.
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular: Part-time; hourly / non-exempt position.
Education: High School Graduate or GED preferred but not required
Age: All ComTrans employees must be at least 18 years old, all driving positions are required to be at least 21 years old as required by insurance. Exceptions may be made for non-driving positions on a case-by-case basis and dependent upon the position and its responsibilities.
Valid AZ driver’s license, with no moving violations (at fault only). Preferred but not required
Company Provided Training/Certifications:
* Have or be able to obtain a level one fingerprint clearance card
* First Aid/CPR
* Crisis Prevention and Intervention.
* Complete ComTrans Training Program.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Employee must be able to:
* Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
* Read, write, spell and orally communicate clearly in English.
* Do basic math and working knowledge of fractions.
* Work independently.
* Be a good team player.
* Understand customer service internally and externally.
* Be safety conscious.
* Use sound judgment.
* Make quick decisions and solve problems.
* Utilize time management - prioritizing and planning.
* Demonstrate good organization.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions typical of an administrative position and the ability to:
* Ability to stand, climb stairs/steps, escort clients to and from destination, kneel, crouch, reach and extend arms.
* Able to grasp objects such as steering wheel, car seats, etc
* Sit in a driving or sitting position from 1 to 12 hours.
* Able to get in and out of vehicles multiple times per dy
* Assisting students/clients in and out of the vehicles multiple times each day.
* Able to bend, kneel and secure wheelchairs and clients multiple times per day.
* Ability to lift or move at least 40 pounds
* Ability to carry, lift and install child seats into vehicles and secure children into child seats.
* When required, able to pass a Department of Transportation physical exam initially and upon expiration.
* Able to perform vehicle pre and post trip inspections daily and on any vehicle
* Able to work in a variety of environments; inside and outside, able to tolerate a variety of climate changes and conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Outside in all types of weather, going to and from vehicle.
* Ability to work and deal with difficult clients while maintaining composure.
ComTrans, Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.