Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of an EMT.
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
- Keep current on certifications.
- Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
- Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
- Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado EMT Certification w/IV endorsement and CPR
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret and follow instructions
- Driving record in compliance with AMR’s Driver Qualification standards.
- Current AMR employees must be three (3) months free of any corrective action
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Familiarity with Boulder EMS system
Minimum one (1) years experience as an EMT