POSITION TITLE: Vehicle Service Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is responsible for ensuring that all ambulances are “response ready” for the field crews coming in for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and increasing the quality and delivery of our services to the crews and our patients. The delivered product is a clean vehicle inside and outside with well stocked shelves and functioning equipment. It is important that the product produced is maintained to the highest standard. Tracking and issuing to field personnel computers, vehicle keys, radios, fuel cards and medical supply totes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Vehicle Service Technician:
- Uses a vehicle check-out list to track and issue vehicle, computer, medical toter, fuel card and key to field personnel
- Readies vehicle for deployment each day by washing and cleaning vehicle. Removes contaminated equipment for cleaning, re-stocks vehicle with clean supply.
- Keeps supply room, vehicle bays and laundry room clean and free of trash.
- Cleans durable equipment by washing needed items in laundry room and reports any defective equipment by completing maintenance form and reporting information to Field Supervisor as directed
- Stocks medical supply cabinet for field personnel.
- Keeps supply room safe by locking door at all times and limit access to field supervisors and management personnel
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Stores extra medical supply kits, monitors, suction units in supply room in a neat and orderly manner
- File and store paperwork pertaining to deployment of vehicles
- Delivering of supplies to outlying stations
- Primarily working in a independent manner
- Safe operation of company vehicles
- Meets with field staff to provide restock off site
- Assists crews in returning to service in the field
- Transportation of partnering agency personnel when requested
- Maintenance of stock in supply vehicle on a daily basis with necessary documentation as needed
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Minimum of 18 years of age
Valid and current Driver License