Reports To: Field Supervisor
Location: San Diego, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
** Internal applicants must only apply through the internal company portal.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ca Drivers’ License
- Ambulance Driver’s License (from DMV)
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- State of California EMT License
- EMT certificate (San Diego County Card)
- CPR Card (American Heart Association only)
- K-4 DMV print out (10yr. driving record; cannot be older than 30 days, online printouts are not acceptable)
Must have 6 months working IFT in San Diego County
EOE including Veterans and Disabled