Responsible for answering incoming emergency and non-emergency calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) triage procedures, assigning those calls to appropriate field units and directing units to the proper location to manage the System Status Plan.
Duties of this Position include but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to multi task, maintaining professionalism, good customer service and accuracy in call taking and dispatching.
- Performs all duties and functions of the Communications Department, including Call Taker.
- Good Customer Service skills required in answering the telephone courteously and professionally with proper usage of salutation.
- Processing of Emergent/Non emergent calls according to EMD policy.
- Enter accurate data into the CAD system while demonstrating compliance with EMD processing guidelines required by the National Academy of Emergency Dispatchers
- Controls radio traffic, demonstrates a positive radio voice and dispatches waiting calls within 30 seconds.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of CAD codes and function.
- Manages System Status Plan and uses available units promptly to maintain the plan.
- Demonstrates Emergency Medical Dispatch card and triage guideline compliance with 100% reliability.
- Must be a team player, demonstrating the ability to interact cooperatively with peers, supervisor, and other company personnel.
- Demonstrates thorough geographic knowledge of all service areas
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute after errors.
- Must be able to successfully pass Criticall
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to use discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters and various documents.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Knowledge of CAD procedures and techniques.
- Geographic knowledge of service area.
- High school diploma or GED
- EMT Certification or medical experience preferred.
- Medical Priorities Dispatch System EMD certification required within 3 months of hire.