Job Title: Customer Service (NET)
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Answers all incoming calls from clients and patients, responding to these callas appropriately, while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor.
Will also ensure that appropriate charges, diagnosis and level of service are identified for services rendered and documented according to Corporate and Carrier compliance guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional customer service with patients, their agents, insurance companies and any other individual who may contact the business office.
- Interact with other staff members to resolve problems and must ensure that all communication is positive and productive
- Maintain confidentiality at all times whether in reference to confidential financial information or as it relates to medical information for specific patients
- Schedules priorities to meet deadlines as determined by management
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years healthcare customer service experience preferred
- Experience in public safety or medical services
- Experience with urgent and emergency services preferred
- Experience in a call center environment customer service preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Medical terminology helpful
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial claims processing preferred
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Bilingual is a plus