Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician - NICU Transport
Status: Non-Exempt Location: Kansas Metro
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
This is an as needed “on-call” basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of an EMT:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniform standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must have Kansas Certification AND Missouri OR National Registry
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must reside within 25 minutes of Overland Park Regional Medical Center (10500 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS)
- Current HealthCare provider CPR certification