POSITION TITLE: Communications Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager or Director
LOCATION: Waco, TX
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Company: American Medical Response
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Communications Manager or Director, the Communications Supervisor functions as a resident, communications and customer service expert. The Communications Supervisor will assist in the oversight, direction and evaluation of the delivery of customer service from the communications center by being a leader of quality and process improvement activities, training and continuing educational needs as determined by evaluation, and related processes of continuous quality improvement to enhance customer services.
Previous experience in a 911 Emergency Dispatch Center or Emergency Services facility. Associate’s degree in health care, nursing, healthcare or business administration, or related field of study preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification as an NAED EMD and ED-Q
- Demonstrated success in establishing a wide range of business and professional relationships.
- Demonstrated success in developing, motivating and directing high performing teams.
- Ability to supervise the daily communications center operations including working in a dispatching role when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to promote consistent team-based communications between all members of the department and to promote inter- departmental relationships.
- Meet monthly key contact center performance goals for customer satisfaction, quality, productivity and key performance metrics.
- Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement by applying process improvement tools.
- Achieve customer service goals and affect advancements in the quality and level of care provided by communications center personnel assigned.
- Provide leadership and assistance in the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of customer service related outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate employee monthly performance, including using call recording and quality assurance applications, review productivity and attendance reports, and coach staff members to improve performance.
- Ensure that customers’ questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly according to complaint resolution processes. Address challenging customers and problems that require escalation outside of the department.
- Will act as an internal consultant by assisting the design/redesign, development, implementation and monitoring of process improvement to enhance quality, operational performance and customer experience
- Other duties as defined by formal job description.
- Establish and ensure positive, working relationships within the AMR organization, and maintains a cohesive working environment both within the Department interdepartmental relationships.
- Build and maintain a positive working environment that attracts and retains high- quality staff.
- Establish and ensure positive working relationships with co-responders, EMS Agencies, area hospitals, clinics, community health departments, regulatory entities, and allied organizations.
Leadership/Supervision, Stewardship… ‘Citizenship’
- Assist and provide ongoing leadership and guidance to align key stakeholders: group leadership, operating leaders, other team members to uncover and assess process improvement opportunities
- Establish and ensure the Communications Center adheres to prescribed standards of quality assurance and performance improvement.
- Ensures their shift meets or exceeds all governmental, regulatory and accreditation standards in all areas of day to day operations.
- Support and uphold all policies, procedures, and protocols associated with the operations of the Communications Center and AMR as a whole.
- Facilitate, train, mentor and coach others throughout the Communications Center in the use of process improvement tools and application/execution of these tools
- Foster a workplace that results in the development of a high performing team of professionals and staff. Insure that all staff are properly coached and directed, and that clearly defined measurements of performance and rewards are utilized to enhance individual and departmental effectiveness.