Job Title: Coordinator Transport
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt Location: Arvada, CO
SUMMARY: Act as a liaison between AMR Communications Center and our contract facilities. This position will work to build trusting relationships and ensure that patient movement is a seamless process done in a safe, timely and appropriate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Transportation Coordinator.
- Assist hospital staff in determining the best level of service for designated transport situations.
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork is complete and correct.
- Work with hospital staff to ensure required paperwork is in order and ready for the crew prior to transport; i.e., PCS and any other paperwork that should accompany patient.
- Assist AMR crews with patient movement onto and off stretcher; especially when a third person is needed. This will help to safely expedite patient movement and assist AMR and hospital operation efficiencies
- Coordinate and order ambulance/CCT’s for all applicable discharges. This also requires frequent and efficient communication with AMR Dispatch
- Assist in the elimination of delays and keep patient movement a seamless process.
- Provide information regarding transportation services to physicians, nurses and case management personnel in designated health care facilities.
- Responsible for providing patients with detailed information regarding their transport and advising transportation staff of patient’s medical needs, as well as knowledge of patient’s medical records and basic necessities for ambulance or wheelchair transport.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- One (1) year of related experience providing dispatch and/or transportation services to hospital patients
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Emergency Medical Technician (must be obtained within 6 months of employment)
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current State of Colorado EMT certification
- Some advanced education, basic EKT and IV approval certifications
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and radio communication
- Bachelor’s degree in related field