Sutter IFT Division
*This job requisition is for positions within Stanislaus County, which include both Modesto and Turlock. Please note that you can be assigned to either location depending on the Operations needs.*
SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state, and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
EMT Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to successfully pass Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
EMT Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have current Emergency Medical Technician certification for the state of California
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification
- California Driver’s License
- California Ambulance Driver’s license
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
No application will be considered complete without the following attachments:
- DMV H-6 (must be within 3 weeks of application date) online copies NOT ACCEPTED must be issued directly by DMV
- California Driver’s License
- CA State EMT Certification
- CPR Card ( Check local EMS website for approved providers)
- Ambulance Drivers License
- Medical Examiners Certificate