American Medical Response
Customer Service & Transportation Coordinator
Job Summary: Support level position, which supports day to day client relations concerns and issues at all 3 Baltimore campuses of University of Maryland Medical System hospitals. To make a well-known presence at all campuses that AMR is here to serve all their transport needs.
Hours of Duty: Monday thru Friday 12:00pm – 8:00pm
Reporting Location: 22 Greene Street, Baltimore MD
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Job Knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures, use of equipment, AMR and departmental policies necessary for job performance
- Responsible for overseeing day to day client relations concerns and issues when at UMD Medical Facilities. To make a well-known presence when at the campuses that AMR is here to serve all their needs.
- Attend morning and afternoon bed/patient logistics huddles and determine if there were any issues or concerns from previous day transports. Obtain a list off all discharges for the day and sends over to AMR communications supervisor to plan for day events.
- Checks in daily with the Case Managers and Patient Placement Supervisors and helps problem-solve any transports that might need extra planning. Long Distance, Bariatric, Multiple Resources, ETC.
- Makes rounds on each of the floors and speak to the case managers and nurses to help facilitate transports with AMR.
- Answers any questions regarding medical necessity, request form, DNR and make sure paper work is in order for AMR crews upon their arrival.Responds by notification of phone to any case managers or crews that needs assistance regarding transport.
- When available meets crew on floor to help facilitate discharge or drop off.
- Assist with overseeing the wheelchair division when that division supervisor is out of town or unavailable.
- Mediates in a customer friendly fashion between facilities and crews following any concern during the pick-up or drop off of the patient.
- Provides lift assist when needed for all incoming or outgoing transports at all three campuses (UMMC, UMR & Midtown).
- Monitors work habits of AMR employees on the floor and ambulance bay to make sure they perform in accordance to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Takes appropriate disciplinary action when needed for all dress code or customer service violations. As well coach the providers on how to better meet our client needs.
- Meets bi-weekly with the Operations Managers &/or Clinical Manager on ideas and concerns regarding transports for all three campuses.
- Recommends and assist in development of companies training programs for client relations.
- Other duties as assigned.