POSITION TITLE: Supervisor Operations Location: Canon City, CO
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations including facilitation of internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Manager of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, monitor, communicate with and evaluate all field employees in his/her assigned area
- Liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel and other system users
- Promptly investigates and resolves accidents and major incidents involving assigned units or personnel, including filing of internal and external reports and counseling staff
- Responsible for complying with all local, state and federal employment laws and company policies (i.e., Americans with Disabilities Act, Affirmative Action, etc.)
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to closure with appropriate action
- Schedule crews to staff units, including re-scheduling for employees on sick leave and ensures crews are on the street at the beginning of their shifts
- Perform direct ALS patient care activities and function as a crew paramedic
- Interact daily with fire, police, hospital, physician group, nursing homes and other service providers regarding the integration and delivery of services as well as manage the AMR image with facilities
- Prepare reports and manages projects as assigned by Operations Manager or Director of Operations
- Ensure PCR’s and other field related paperwork is 100% reconciled daily in conjunction with PCR processing
- Perform other related duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Three years EMS experience; Paramedic field experience preferred
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer software including MS Office Suites
- Must reside within 30 minutes of base (Canon City Operations)
- Colorado State Paramedic Certification
- Must not have any clinical or operational issues within the past twelve (12) months.
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS and CPR