SUMMARY: Ensure all payments are processed, disbursed timely and accurately in accordance with department policies and procedures. Provide excellent customer service to maintain the best vendor/customer experience possible by responding to calls and emails in a timely manner. Prepare daily payment batches, void/reissue and complete stop payments as well as provide daily reconciliation of payment activity for the department. Understand overall department procedures to assist in other areas of the department as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor aging invoices regularly to avoid delayed payments to vendor.
- Prepare and process payment batches on a daily basis for check, ACH, and wire payments for the department.
- Responsible for voiding/reissuing and doing stop payments for all payables disbursement bank accounts.
- Responsible for reconciling on a daily basis all payment activity in the department.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports as required/requested by the AP Supervisor.
- Assist AP Supervisor with monthly metrics reporting for disbursements for internal senior management.
- Assist in training of new or temporary staff in the proper procedures for payments.
- Assist with special projects, internal and external requests, and other AMR business segment accounting teams.
- Support management with the overall payment processing and process flow to improve efficiencies within the disbursement area.
- Due to the nature of the department and department function, excellent attendance is required. Must be present and available to work no less than 93% of all scheduled workdays.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in high volume accounts payable.
- 2 years of experience doing payment processing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Oracle R12 or similar automated accounts payable systems required.
- Experience with imaging software preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite preferred.
- Able to type 40 w.p.m.
- Operate 10-key calculator by touch.
- Reasoning ability and mathematical skills.
- Must be detail and deadline oriented and focused.
- Fundamental accounting concepts required to include SOX Controls and GAAP knowledge.
- Must have strong oral, written, and effective interpersonal communication skills.