Job Title: Quality Control Inspector I
Reports To: Engineering and Quality Control Manager
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Working in conjunction with the Quality Control Manager, leadership and production personal the Quality Control Inspector will ensure that all work is performed to the highest mechanical and cosmetic standards. Pre-Production, Refurb, Audits and Post Production inspections will be required to maintain manufacturing compliance with all regulations including NHTSA, KKK, CAAS, QVM and others. The position will involve working with internal team members, outside vendors and suppliers, and championing emergency vehicle manufacturing operations. This position will utilize advanced mechanical knowledge to support, assist and inspect the manufacturing process. Remove and install and reworking various vehicle interior/exterior components problems during the final Quality rework station. Assist, lead and educate/train installers and others as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guarantee quality, appearance and reliability of finished product.
- Implement and manage Engineering Specifications through Quality Control inspections and audits.
- Assist with installation and diagnose including 12V and 120V wiring, modems, 2-way radios, vehicle electronics, electrical harnesses, cables, switch panels, circuit boards, lights and a variety of electrical components.
- Read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams, instructions and manuals.
- Assist with and verify the proper torque specification / installation and operation of seats, seat belts, cot fasteners, oxygen systems and other critical systems.
- Research various regulations and develop systems and process to speed accurate installation of components.
- Ensure parts, components and electrical components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and implement training and other measures to prevent repetitive quality issues.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” always.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training of all staff at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Comply with Environmental, Safety, OSHA and other regulatory procedures.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ensure that bio hazardous, hazardous material and sharps is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class C drives license and ability driver larger emergency vehicles.
- Vocational School a plus.
- ASE, EVT, AWS and or I-CAR certifications a plus.
Three plus years’ experience in aircraft, automotive, emergency vehicle or other transportation based manufacturing or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
- Experience with fleet maintenance software (RTA).
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess advanced mechanical ability.
- Proficient with use of PC based computer including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Basic electrical knowledge with ability to diagnose basic 12V and 110V electrical systems.