*** This position is located in Peoria ***
A Duty Officer is a part of the Company’s operational support personnel. The Duty Office is a centerpiece of operational support services and deals with multiple departments within the Company on a daily basis. A Duty Officer has daily contact with the ambulance crews, management, fleet personnel, warehouse personnel, scheduling, and the dispatch center. A Duty Officer’s primary function is to ensure all of the Duty Office tasks and responsibilities are conducted efficiently, and effectively.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize work assignments
• Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical Duty Officer. Working on your feet for 8-10 hours at a time. Lifting 100 lbs boxes.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend/stoop, push, pull, lift, and climb.
o Occasionally: Work at heights.
o Frequently: Lifting and carrying
o Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
• Mental Requirements
o Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
o Frequently: Problem solving, simple and complex multi tasking, reasoning.
o Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speaks, and understands English.
• Stress Factors
o Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
o Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
• Equipment Operated
o Occasionally: Ambulance and other company owned vehicles
o Frequently: Computer
o Constantly: Company owned cell phone, company owned communication equipment.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
o Occasionally: Inside/Outside
o Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
o Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent's supervisor at any time based upon Company need.