POSITION TITLE: Mechanic Associate
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Amarillo, TX
REPORTS TO: Fleet Manager / Fleet Lead
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
All employees are expected to supports American Medical Response vision and guiding principles.
Assists Operations in daily operation of Fleet Maintenance Facility while performing regular duties of a Journeyman level front line mechanic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all Front Line Mechanic maintenance activities assigned by Fleet Lead/Supervisor/Manager.
- Assists Fleet Lead, Supervisor &/or Manager in employee scheduling and ensuring the quality of work performed meets department standards and work is completed as scheduled.
- Assists Fleet in maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Assists Fleet in maintaining required vehicle records.
- Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested.
- Assists other Mechanics as needed.
- Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Completes all required paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
- Uses parts computer to locate needed parts and verify correct application.
- Attends meetings, classes, training, etc., as directed by Fleet leadership.
- Familiar with AMR Fleet Policies & Procedures.
- Performs all other duties as requested by Fleet leadership.
- Vehicles repaired and maintained correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Quickly respond, diagnose and repair vehicles during road call situations.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Paperwork complete and neat.
- Accurately account for all parts and materials.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain good working relationship with all personnel and professional conduct with outside contacts.
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Provides leadership for Road Safety
- Adheres to organization and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Adheres to Fleet policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT USED:
- Telephone, Cell phone, pager.
- Personal Computer skills.
- Personal hand tools.
- Vehicle Shop Equipment:
- Vehicle Hoist
- Diagnostic Scan Tools
- Brake Lathe
- Tire Mounting Machine
- Tire Balancer
- A/C Recovery/Recycle Machine
- Pneumatic air tools.
- Misc. Hand Tools
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters and various documents and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Journeyman level automotive skills necessary to perform maintenance and repairs on company vehicles.
- Must have a full set of personal tools.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Thorough knowledge of current AMR ambulance fleet.
- Thorough knowledge of AMR Fleet Maintenance Shop.
- AA Degree Automotive / Diesel Technology.
- 5 ASE Certifications (brakes & suspension and steering plus any other 3 A1 – A8 certifications).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; have use hands and fingers, handle or feel; stoop, kneel, bend, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb and have good balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job requires vision.
The work environment can occasionally be hot, cold, dirty, exposure to extreme weather conditions, excessive noise, chemicals and stress.