Job Title: Account Executive Reports To: Business Development Manager/Director
Department: Business Development Location: Dayton
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Account Executive will serve as a liaison to existing customers. This Executive is
responsible for ensuring positive client relations, high customer service standards,
maximizing services at each facility and the identification of new and potential
business. Account Executive may also have additional responsibilities for designated
large accounts, and have management responsibilities for other Account
Representatives where applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and maintain routine contacts (to include visits, phone calls and mailings) to existing clients in order to ensure smooth working relationships (field based marketing)
- When applicable, hire, train and manage the day to day activities of Account
- Build solid relationships with personnel at various facilities in order to promote services and assist in the identification of new business opportunities.
- Work with Operations, PBS, Business Development and the Communication Center(s) to develop and implement Service Promise Plans.
- Responsible for the gathering of information regarding competition and have thorough understanding of competitors in assigned Operating Area.
- Work with Business Development in developing effective communication and marketing material (for internal and external purposes).
- Demonstrate a professional approach to creating value and gaining confidence in AMR services from customers.
- Assist operations in the development of systems that encourage feedback from crews regarding barriers in service and service incidents.
- Works with Business Development to create and implement an aggressive Operational Growth & Customer Retention (OGCR) plan.
- Respond to, document and ensure follow up to all service inquiries received from internal and external customers in a timely and thorough manner.
- Participate in new employee orientation regarding the importance and goals of AMR’s Customer Service Policies/Procedures.
- Provide weekly updates on customer interactions.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and followInformation Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. AMR Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B. A. or four year degree recommended. May substitute equivalent work
- Minimum of one (1) years experience in the field or related area with demonstrated leadership skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Familiar with a variety of field concepts practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Applicant is expected to have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and policies within the business retention field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May lead or direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Well developed management skills.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.