Summerdale, AL is located in Baldwin County, within driving distance of beautiful Gulf Shores, AL. Its Gulf State Park has beaches, trails and a pier, plus a golf course and a zip line over the dunes. To the west, sea turtles and migratory birds thrive among the coastal habitats of Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge. Farther west, 19th-century Fort Morgan guards Mobile Bay. The Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo offers hands-on encounters with lemurs, kangaroos and sloths.
- Family Vacation Critic included Gulf Shores in the "Top 10 Best Family Beaches for 2018"
- Coastal Living included Gulf Shores in "The Best Little Beach Towns to Visit in the Spring"
- USA Today ranked Gulf Shores as #5 "Top 10 in Best Coastal Small Towns"
- Reader's Digest included Gulf Shores in "The Best Weekend Getaways in Every State"
- Travel + Leisure included Gulf Shores in "Best Small Beach Towns for People Who Want to Escape the Crowds"
Lifeguard Ambulance/MedStar is on a hiring blitz and looking for AEMTs to work in a family oriented but challenging environment. You'll have the opportunity to put your skills to work in both inter-facility transport as well as some 911 calls.
As a Lifeguard AEMT, many times you have the opportunity to be the best part of someone's very bad day. With this in mind, we're not just looking to hire the first individual that walks through the door. The ideal Lifeguard EMT will be compassionate, mission and customer focused, understanding, patient, and highly skilled.
It's our goal at Lifeguard to show our employees that we care as much for them as you do for the patients you're transporting. By offering competitive wages, attractive benefits package, paid time off, career development guidance and training, we strive to hit our goal of having an engaged and passionate workforce. By joining Lifeguard Ambulance you open yourself up to a world of opportunities with the largest medical transportation company in the world.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, looking for something more than just a "job" and meet the qualifications listed below we want to set up a time to speak with you either via phone, Skype or in-person.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In order to succeed on the job, all Lifeguard AEMTs will be expected to carry out these duties and responsibilities –
- Drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to and from calls to transport patient(s) in a safe and prudent manner using the most efficient route to ensure the quickest response times. Arrive alive!
•Assists in carrying patient(s) by stretcher or other device to emergency vehicle and secure patient inside the vehicle choosing the safest means of transport. We preach patient care and consideration.
•Initiates patient treatment and care utilizing initial protocol treatment based on patient condition. Conducts basic life support skills including but not limited to: bleeding control, treatment of shock, splinting of fractures, airway control, assessing vital signs, spinal immobilization, lifting and moving patients, and AED defibrillation.
•Obtains and preserves where possible samples of substances to assist hospital personnel in patient diagnosis and treatment. Hospital employees are also our teammates…treat them as such.
•Observes and keep records regarding symptoms of patients.
•Communicates information to other members of the healthcare profession, patients, family members, and other responders as necessary and appropriate.
•Accurately and completely documents all information required by Lifeguard Ambulance, the local and state medical control, and the Ambulance Run Ticket or Patient Refusal form.
•Completes and submits all other documentation (i.e. Daily Check Sheet) as established by local operations procedures. Communicates any possible delays, customer service issues, supply shortages, equipment malfunctions and etc. to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Follows up with customers as appropriate to gain feedback on services provided, seeking opportunities for process improvement.
- Inspects, safely operates, and maintains all equipment, supplies, and tools to meet standards set by Lifeguard Ambulance, local state, and local medical control. Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment.
- Checks emergency vehicle regularly to ensure vehicle is in good operating condition throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains the cleanliness of Lifeguard Ambulance property, including but not limited to its vehicles, equipment, buildings, and surrounding area(s).
- Maintains a safe and healthy workplace as per the standards set forth by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), Lifeguard Ambulance, and Lifeguard Ambulance SOG's.
- Stays current with leading industry practices/knowledge base.
- Comply with all current policies and procedures. Remains aware of all policy changes and information posted on EMS Toolkit, on company notice boards, company email, and by communicating with leadership staff.
- Maintains all required licenses and certifications by attending courses provided by local operation and medical community to obtain CEU's and CEC's.
- Provides supervisor with documentation of current certifications and training documentation information for training file.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of emergency medical service regulations, policies, and operating procedures and techniques.
•Thorough knowledge of equipment and supplies used in emergency care of patients and victims of accidents, patient care and transport.
•Considerable knowledge of geography of the operating area and the location of roads and streets.
•Working knowledge of radio communication equipment.
•Ability to operate a personal computer and related software and to type with accuracy.
•Working knowledge of the safe operation of emergency vehicles and compliance with all state laws pertaining to the safe operation of an emergency vehicle.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
•Minimum of 2 years of AEMT experience preferred. Will consider a combination of experience and education
•Combination of education and experience considered
•Must have experience driving an emergency vehicle
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS
- Current and active AEMT License.
•Valid state driver license with proper endorsements,three years of licensed and unsupervised driving experience, and a driving record that meets the approval of Lifeguard's Auto Insurance Policy Carrier.
•Current CPR Certification.
•EVOC or equal Defensive Driving certification.
•Current version of NIMS training IS-100c, 200, 700b, and 800