Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Job Status: Part-Time
***CURRENT AMR EMPLOYEES MUST APPLY THROUGH THE EVHC CAREER PORTAL***
Login to https://portal.emsc.net/home/default.aspx and select “AMR Employee Career Portal” on the right-hand side. Click on “View Current Job Opportunities” and search by location. Select this job title and follow the prompts to submit your application.
The successful applicant is an active part of a team which responds to requests for service and participates in delivering high quality patient care and customer service. The EMT is highly motivated and compassionate providing the best care possible while ensuring the highest degree of safety of each and every one of our patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to appropriate Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory trainings/in-services
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service with patients and allied healthcare/public safety personnel.
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment as applicable to system or operations which assigned
- Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered
- Adheres to medical treatment protocol
- Uses / operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
- Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages, and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients.
- Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs and address numbers.
- Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
- Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders,
- Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
- Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- CA State & County EMT Certifications
- BLS Healthcare Provider Card
- CA Driver's License
- CA Ambulance Driver’s License
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- DMV H6 Driving Record (must be less than 3 weeks old; online printouts not accepted)
- Proof of vaccines to include: TDaP, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella (Chicken Pox) and current season Influenza.
- Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination.
- Proof of vaccines in progress will be accepted.
- Previous work experience in the healthcare and/or customer service fields desired.
Please Note: Applicants will be expected to submit full-color photocopies (front and back, one per page) of the above documents if an interview is scheduled.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Physical Agility Test (PAT)
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.