POSITION: Regional Director
REPORTS TO: Regional President FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Summary: Create a culture of sustained growth by providing strategic direction and operational management for a particular operating division. The Regional Director must work to meet the market’s financial objectives and support the strategic direction of the region and organization. Success can be realized by ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction, developing/retaining profitable market share, increasing non-acquisition growth, and embracing AMR’ Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad growth, government relations, and other relevant strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities.
- Demonstrate sound, entrepreneurial risk taking by championing new ideas and initiatives that address market potential, level of care needs, and customer expectations. Identify financially sound, new business opportunities and make them a reality in order to create a culture of sustained growth; foster innovation and risk taking.
- Plan, prepare, and utilize financial records (including budgets, forecasts, payroll data, etc.) and key metrics in order to analyze and make decisions to meet specific strategic and financial goals. Take timely and appropriate corrective actions when necessary to ensure financial expectations (EBITDA, ROIC, etc) are met.
- Responsible for all facets of the profit and loss of the division which includes top line revenue to allocations. Understand the nature of the transports provided and responsible for the documentation provided by crews. This documentation dictates the level of service (CCT/ALS/BLS) and nature (non-emergency/emergency) which drives the revenue billed.
- Responsible for the division’s accounts receivable (AR) and understanding all payer classes (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO’s, 3rd party insurers, VA, etc). Collaborate with PBS (as well as all support departments) to ensure AR is promptly addressed.
- Provide clear strategic direction regarding the organization’s values and model AMR’ values for all levels of the division.
- Communicate with his/her division regarding local, regional and national strategies and related initiatives. Encourage input and participation where practical to ensure success related to such efforts.
- Regularly foster strong working relationships with local public, private, political and community members, including but not limited to mayors, boards of supervision, commissioners, officials of fire and police departments, chambers of commerce, rotaries, and in some cases state officials.
- Participate in labor negotiations and other actions to balance employee engagement and the financial viability of division.
- Regularly review and address transport ticket work to ensure timely and appropriate payments.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and contract retention, by providing optimal service levels to agencies, hospitals, and the medical community. Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction, modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of customer service.
- Review and approve expense reports and invoices in compliance with company policy.
- Formulate, coordinate and/or lead marketing activities and business development to increase revenues and decrease costs.
- When appropriate influence others, by asserting own ideas and persuading others; gain support and commitment and mobilize people to take action.
- Demonstrate strong execution skills by outlining goals and expectations, assigning responsibilities and clearly defined roles; delegate to and empower others, remove obstacles, allow for and contribute needed resources, coordinate work efforts when necessary, and monitor progress.
- Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon communicated goals and strategies for the region, and clearly communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate employees.
- Deliver clear, convincing, and well-organized information in presentations and written format; understand audience and position message accordingly; use appropriate language and illustrations to convey key points; project credibility and poise even in highly visible, adversarial situations
- Demonstrate sound judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues; define issues clearly despite ambiguity; take all critical information into account when making decisions; and make timely, tough decisions.
- Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and increasing effectiveness.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA, EEO, and other applicable local, state, and federal laws governing business and employee relations.
- Establish plans and implement specific actions to assist in the quick, effective integration of new companies into the AMR family.
- In conjunction with Fleet Management, manage inventory (including the fleet of vehicles) in a cost-effective manner.
- Model effective listening skills by demonstrating attention to and conveying understanding of the comments and questions of others; listen well in a group.
- Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of available resources.
- Moderate travel to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, champion succession planning, counsel and provide corrective actions to direct reports, and work to facilitate individual and team development that drive positive results.
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or appropriate field of study, or equivalent level of related experience.
- Minimum of three years in general management experience, including financial management and employee supervision.
- Demonstrated effective track record cultivating relationships with internal and external customer-base. Experience in healthcare preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Detailed understanding of business modeling, proformas, P&L statements and balance sheets.
- Strong understanding of sales lead strategy and closure.
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
- Effective oral, written, interpersonal communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Clinical literacy preferred.