Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Status: Exempt (Full-Time)
Salary: Min $58,649 / Mid $73,311 / Max $84,308
***CURRENT AMR EMPLOYEES MUST APPLY THROUGH THE EVHC CAREER PORTAL***
Login to https://portal.emsc.net/home/default.aspx and select “AMR Employee Career Portal” on the right-hand side. Click on “View Current Job Opportunities” and search by location. Select this job title and follow the prompts to submit your application.
Under direct supervision maintains integrity of the dispatch operating environment, including work station functionality and mobile applications. Performs system software upgrades including; planning and scheduling, testing and coordination. Performs workstation and server administration setup and updates. Coordinates response planning with allied agencies and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Data Base Management (DBM) changes as requested by REDCOM member agencies. Maintains software and hardware inventories. Monitors and maintains continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreements. Provides recommendations regarding hardware and system software planning and budgeting. Maintains production change control schedule and participates in change control. Supports REDCOM member agency mobile applications and hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration and support of CAD work station hardware, software, and set-up.
- Administration and support of backup systems and software. Develop and implement effective backup strategies for dispatch technology.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of critical dispatching and mobile response vehicle dispatching hardware and software. Remote support provided as needed.
- Administration and support of system security, including system access, virus management and security patch management.
- Implementation of software upgrades, including firmware revisions, operating systems, production software upgrades and other enhancements as required.
- Research new technologies and make recommendations for hardware, software, network and process/procedure improvements.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance remaining on-call evenings and weekends for emergencies. Varied working hours may be required to accomplish technical solutions.
- Coordinate and conduct end user training sessions as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures.
- Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Entry level experience in database administration.
- Experience in the installation, administration, and support of Enterprise systems with working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, databases and applications.
- Hexagon Public Safety CAD system administration experience preferred.
- Experience in public safety CAD workstation and mobile applications preferred.
- Experience or understanding of Fire and EMS Operations preferred.
- Experience with HTML and/or XML preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, teamwork and customer support skills required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with end-users, peers and management and provide technical leadership as needed.