Job Title: Mechanic Intermediate Location: Cheyennem, WY
Reports to: Regional Fleet Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide preventive maintenance and repairs on fleet vehicles as assigned by Fleet Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Front Line Mechanic inspections and preventive maintenance on both diesel and gasoline vehicles as per policies and procedures.
- Performs mechanical and electrical repairs as per policies and procedures.
- Responds to vehicle breakdowns in the field when requested.
- Assists other Mechanics as needed.
- Operates company vehicles in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Completes all required paperwork neatly, correctly and on time.
- Uses parts computer to locate needed parts and verify correct application.
- Attend all mandatory Fleet training.
- Performs all other duties as requested by Fleet Maintenance Manager.
- Vehicles repaired and maintained correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Quickly respond, diagnose and repair vehicles during road call situations.
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Paperwork complete and neat.
- Accurately account for all parts and materials.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain good working relationship with all personnel and professional conduct with outside contacts.
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Adheres to organization and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Adheres to Fleet policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility.
- It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent education.
Must have a current valid driver’s license.
2 ASE Certifications (Any combination A1-A8).
5 years verifiable Line Mechanic experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions on memos, letters, various documents and repair manuals.
Ability to perform the essential job functions.
Regular and predictable attendance.
Must have a basic set of personal tools.