Santa Clara County / San Jose Operations
Vehicle Service Technician (VST)
The primary job responsibilities of the Support Service Technician is to ensure all out-bound equipment is properly maintained and in working condition. This position also ensures all ambulances and designated ambulance posts are stocked to standardized inventory levels. Support Service Technicians also maintain warehouse inventory supplies to ensure additional supplies and equipment are fully stocked and deliveries are made to stations and items are picked up from the stations and delivered back to the operation.
Essential Functions/Operational Objectives
- Completes a daily walk-through of the department to ensure that supplies are properly stocked with working durable equipment at all times (i.e. monitors, gurneys, pagers, portables).
- Troubleshoots most durable equipment (monitors, suction units, blood pressure cuffs, stethoscopes).
Maintains accurate records of
- All preventive maintenance and repairs for durable equipment
- Required logs
Sends out broken equipment in a timely manner to the appropriate vendor and track the process.
Returns all equipment that is under warranty in a timely manner and makes a request for replacement.
Checks in all equipment from field crews.
Ensures all medical supplies are scanned to the appropriate unit/department.
Inventories narcotics regularly to ensure accurate counts.
Receives and stocks incoming shipments from vendors.
Assists with quarterly perpetual inventories.
Performs the courier route as needed.
Cleans and disinfects equipment and/or ambulances before they are put back into service.
- Participates in all Company required training, including OSHA, annual training, and mandatory Company updates.
- Completes all required training within the Company allotted time frame.
- Maintains knowledge about job position and EMS field
- Requires a clean driving report acceptable by Company standards.
- Logs events and information daily either manually or electronically.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of communications industry updates to technology/communications activity within the market. Analyze intelligence data and provide recommendations for future action plans.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willing to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Educational Requirements
- The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or
- General Education Degree (GED)
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical Duty Officer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend/stoop, push, pull, lift, and climb.
- Occasionally: Work at heights.
- Frequently: Lifting and carrying
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
Requirements Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
Frequently: Problem solving, simple and complex multi-tasking, reasoning.
Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speaks, and understands English.
- Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
- Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
- Equipment Operated
- Occasionally: Ambulance and other company owned vehicles
- Frequently: Computer occasionally: Ambulance and other company owned vehicles
- Constantly: Company owned cell phone, company owned communication equipment.
- Working Conditions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally: Inside/Outside
- Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
- Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbents supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
- Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.