Production Support Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform root cause analysis, diagnostics, monitoring on various production systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user issues independently and efficiently.
- Occasional night or weekend work for application or system maintenance and application implementations.
- Perform regular health checks and analysis on production platforms looking for potential problems before they trigger business-impacting issues.
- Coordinate activities and communications with various operations, development, and business teams to efficiently resolve urgent production incidents.
- Generate and track tickets for production trouble incidents
- Provide leadership and direction for rapid resolution of business-impacting issues affecting production systems supporting 24x7 global operations (to include weekends and holidays).
- Document all resolution details and provide follow up communication with internal business operations teams.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain stats and record issues to help develop a trend analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Support Services.
- Perform tests on production applications and prepare / update recovery procedures for assigned applications.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of reported production issues using Microsoft Test Manager and Add Hoc testing practices.
- Support ad-hoc requests from development teams and internal business operations team.
- Support infrastructure for environments other than production
- Provide weekly production status reports
- Identify, document, test and coordinate disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Provide support for production release activities
- Participate as needed in system testing of application releases prior to production deployment
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with writing and executing SQL queries and scripts
- Basic programming skills (MS .net preferred)
- Working knowledge of the Windows family of operating systems and IIS
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and web protocols
- Experience with Citrix
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX/Solaris a plus
- Experience with Sql server and visual studio
- Optnet, wireshare experience desirable
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise applications
- Domain knowledge of business environment in which we operate (managed transportation, EMS services provision, health care service delivery) desired
- Strong analytical, problem solving, teamwork and customer support skills required
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with end-users, peers and management and provide technical leadership
- Experience with ServiceNow or ITIL practices
- Experience with TFS highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in related field