Communications Center Manager
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Reports to: Regional Director
The Communications Center Manager is responsible for the supervision, coordination and prioritization of all Communications Center activities. The position has the authority to make necessary decisions in lieu of the Director of Operations. This position is also responsible for ensuring that standards of performance and client needs are met. The Communications Manager will ensure that all contractual requirements are successfully integrated into the daily operations of the Communications Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, investigate, and resolve service related issues.
- Coordinate with the marketing department to institute and manage fee for service contracts.
- Assist in the development of the communications center to ensure that the contractual obligations of AMR are met.
- Act as a representative of the communications department on assigned committees.
- Identify systems problems that could cause service-related issues.
- Effectively communicate with, and motivates employees.
- Disburse information and implement department polices and procedures.
- Maintain departmental records and reports.
- Work with other departments to identify emerging trends.
- Participate in programs to enhance AMR’s community image.
- Promote high level of morale among department employees.
- Assist with development of goals and objectives for the department.
- Participate in quality improvement activities; assists in maintaining compliance with all established customer service standards.
- Facilitate communications/field problem resolution.
- Monitor call accounting software to ensure proper use of staff and equipment.
- Serve as a departmental resource, and deals effectively with operational difficulties within the communications center.
- Effectively deal with departmental conflicts and provides adequate follow-up.
- Maintain departmental records and reports.
- Manage and maintain AMR’s system status plan, and assures departmental compliance by all controllers.
- Prepare written reports and summaries as requested.
- Support and uphold established corporation and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, and safety standards.
- Maintain performance levels consistent with departmental standards.
- Maintain a calm, non-emotional and professional atmosphere in the communications center at all times.
- Maintain competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education, conferences, and seminars.
- Maintain positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward customers, visitors, and coworkers.
- Attend scheduled department meetings and training sessions.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
BS/BA degree in Business or related field desired. EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) training/certification, EMT or Paramedic Training preferred.
Three years experience within a high profile EMS system. 3-5 years experience in a Communications leadership role. CAD and data entry experience. System Status Management experience. One year EMS or Public Safety experience and a strong background in customer relations desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong personnel management and staff development skills. Superior verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated technical knowledge pertaining to communications equipment. Ability to write and comprehend legal contracts. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to perform in a high stress environment. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers. Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to CQI and TQM