Job Title: Emergency Vehicle Component Installation Technician III
Reports To: Emergency Vehicle Component Installation Lead
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Utilize advanced mechanical knowledge to support light emergency vehicle manufacturing. Install and diagnose various vehicle interior/exterior components including 12V and 110V wiring, modems, 2 way radios, vehicle electronics, electrical harnesses, cables, switch panels, circuit boards lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components. Lead and educate component installers and others as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and diagnose various vehicle interior/exterior components including 12V and 110V wiring, modems, 2 way radios, vehicle electronics, electrical harnesses, cables, switch panels, circuit boards lights, trim, door handles, flooring, fixtures, cabinets and/or other components.
- Assemble harnesses, cables, switch panels, consoles, circuit boards, and a variety of different electrical components.
- Install modems, radios and other electronic components.
- Trace and identify wiring and diagnose as needed.
- Research and develop information independently.
- Read and interpret vehicle wiring diagrams, instructions and manuals.
- Ensure parts and components and electrical components are assembled per instructions for proper appearance and function.
- Repair defects and report repetitive quality issues.
- Keep all work areas, vehicles and equipment “Neat, Clean and Sanitary” at all times.
- Function with a minimal or no supervision.
- Follow and/or set work priorities to meet production goals as scheduled.
- Assist in training installers at all skill levels.
- Meet safety and QA/QC standards for all tasks.
- Familiar with Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Follow spill response procedures and evacuation routes.
- Will be required to climb on vehicles and be required to wear fall protection.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ensure that hazardous material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Ensure that recyclable material is handled appropriately and placed into the proper container(s).
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Attend training in Hazardous Materials Handling Operations with an annual refresher course.
- Maintains all satellite and storage containers in a closed position unless adding or removing waste.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational School a plus.
- ASE, EVT, AWS and or I-CAR certifications a plus.
- Valid Class C drives license and inability driver larger emergency vehicles.
- Five plus years’ experience in aircraft, automotive, emergency vehicle or other transportation based manufacturing or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, understand instructions and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to read and use English and Metric measuring devices.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to read and interpret shop orders, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Internal and external customer service skills.
- Experience with fleet maintenance software (RTA).
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades.
- Possess advanced mechanical ability.
- Proficient with use of PC based computer including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to use basic mathematics.
- Must have general knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Fundamental use of various pneumatic tools, shop equipment and power tools.
- Advanced electrical knowledge with ability to diagnose 12V and 110V electrical systems.