Locations: San Leandro (Alameda County) & Concord (Contra Costa County)
COMPETITIVE SALARY, SIGN-ON BONUS, AND FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS!!!
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus (External Full-Time Hires Only)
Full-Time Salary Earning Potential: $137,000-$179,000
The successful applicant will administer exemplary patient care and provide exceptional leadership while facilitating the transport of critically ill or injured patients. They will possess a solid clinical and operational foundation from which they will autonomously guide the care of patients and safely get them to their destination. They will often experience patients at a time of great need with few resources and will need to utilize exceptional critical thinking skills while providing compassionate care. The Critical Care Transport Nurse is an experienced, highly skilled, motivated, compassionate and flexible clinician who enjoys facing new challenges every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to patient care and/or critical care transport unit calls according to program standards.
- Provides high quality routine and emergency nursing care of the patient in the transport environment in accordance with established standards of care, program standards, clinical guidelines and appropriate physician orders.
- Provides patient care within the Registered Nurse scope of practice as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing and per standardized procedures and guidelines, utilizing critical thinking skills to manage the critically ill or injured adult or pediatric patient.
- Performs a complete assessment on each transport patient.
- Documents all assessment findings, therapeutic interventions performed and patient responses per policy on the Patient Care Record.
- Documents all physician’s transport orders.
- Is an active member of the Critical Care Transport Team and takes an active role in all operational and clinical needs.
- The Transport RN is responsible for the care of the patient including any emergency procedures the patient may require within the adopted scope of practice while under their care.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Completes daily/regularly scheduled transport unit equipment checks.
- Maintains equipment in working order and ensures transport vehicles are kept clean and fully stocked.
- Accurately completes supply, billing and data collection forms as required.
- Actively participates in agency Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with all company policies and procedures, codes of safe practice, and Critical Care Transport standards and guidelines.
- Takes an active role in maintaining personal knowledge of current critical care nursing practice
- Maintains personal knowledge of current EMT and EMT-P scope of practice in California and the applicable county in which the CCT team operates.
- Develops and participates in continuing education and training activities for the entire Critical Care Transport Team.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills with all external and internal customers, including, but not limited to, patients and their families, hospital staff, the community, co-workers and administration.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and annual training.
- Maintains all required licensure and certifications in accordance with company policy.
- Always represents the CCT program and AMR in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass the Physical Agility Test (PAT)
- Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
- Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have current California Licensure as a Registered Nurse (or eligibility to obtain prior to start date).
- Current ACLS, PALS, BLS provider status.
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
- Minimum two years of current critical care experience (i.e., ICU, CCU, PACU, or ER)
- Previous Critical Care Transport experience (Ground or Air).
- Previous Emergency Medical Services experience.
- BSN or Bachelors in healthcare related field.
- Current professional critical care specialty certification (e.g. CEN, CCRN, CTRN, etc.)
EXAMPLES OF OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company Match
- Voluntary Benefits (Banking, Legal, Auto, Home, Cancer, Accident, Short-Term Disability and Hospital Confinement)
- Tuition Reimbursement (In Most Locations)
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career Development
- Leadership Development
- Flexible scheduling
- One-on-one patient care
- Work with the latest equipment & technology
- Professional working environment
- Competitive wages & sign-on bonuses
- Referral Programs (payment for referrals of other Healthcare Professionals)
- And more!