Job Title: Driver - Wheelchair
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Wheel Chair Driver.
- Transport/drive patients to and from medical facilities and/or home in a timely manner
- Utilize maps to locate hospitals, medical facilities and patient home addresses.
- Complete Trip Sheet on a daily basis fully recording each transport.
- Ensure wheel chair van is maintained and is in good working order; keep unit clean.
- Know and use Standard Codes in radio transmission
- Responsible for completing mechanical checklist for vehicle at the start of each shift
- Report mechanical problems to Fleet Manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read maps, drive vehicles and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
- Operate wheel chair, hydraulic lift, wheel chair lift and radio
- Manage disposable supplies, take care of durable equipment and use time clock
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy.
- Successful completion of EVOC Driver’s Training program
- Must obtain and maintain applicable license for the area of operation
- Prefer experience from health care environment, mortuary or medical examiner’s office
- Previous paratransit experience preferred
Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry and balance at times
Must be able to lift, drag, hoist and carry different types of equipment and other objects